Saturday 5 December 2009

Weak Chickens to Loud Music

Even though it's been two days since I heard it the rhythm is still in my head. Everytime this happens I am fascinated at the power of music and how it could stay in your head for days. It's just a few sounds, a few frequencies, in some cases a few words, a few bings and bangs and it stays in your head for days. Didn't I hear so much after those two moments? Didn't I read after that? Didn't I talk to people and have conversations? Weren't more thoughts absorbed by my brain? But it still stays in my head. It's amazing how it stays in your head and doesn't get out. It disrupts your thinking, your talking, your walking, your movement, your feelings. Gosh how powerful music is. And gosh how weak a human is. It's just two minutes of loud sounds and it takes over his/her head and brain and mind for days.

How hard or easy is it to control human thinking? Why are we suprised when we see ourselves/others becoming victims of crazy, abnormal, irrational trends? Why are we suprised when we see epidemics of a crazy thing? Why are we suprised when we see victims of wrong thoughts brainwashing their brains?

The brain- the most powerful organ can go singing for days because you heard a few frequencies. How about your other parts? Then how easy is it to control those? How many of us know this? How many of us are aware? When I do an action, am I doing it out of my own will? There is no easy way of knowing whether it is me thinking independently or if it is me being a robot to commands and instructions. A robot to follow commands and instructions.

We wonder how slaves and maids lived/live their lives following orders. We are all maids. We are all slaves. We are slaves to so many weak things. We are slaves to music. We are slaves to money. We are slaves to momental pleasures. We are slaves to fame. We are slaves to disgusting animal like desires. We are slaves to illusions.


"Greed is permenant slavery"-Imam Ali (A.S)

No comments:

Post a Comment